Are you ready to feel energetic and young (again)? Here at Wakeout we hear a resounding “yes” from subscribers.
・❥・Simply Great! Just get up as soon as you see the notification and follow. Don’t hesitate. Get up. Be a kid again.
・❥・Wakeout Fun I am getting more fit and the endorphin release lowers cortisol so, bye bye flabby belly!
・❥・I love that this gives me an easy start to building strength instead of throwing me to the wolves.
・❥・Game Changer I honestly feel better, more productive at work and more energized.
Staying active creates an energy boost and youthful feeling. Along with becoming fit and healthy, there's a rekindled sense of joyfulness. This comes with tension release due to self-care and an uplifting spark of spunk!
One of the keys to feeling a sense of revitalization and renewal is to pace yourself. Hey, time is on your side! You have years to look forward to and miles to travel. Tickle your funny bone – boost it with a healthy dose of optimism. Ready – set – time to tune into the 7Rs!
Renewal is a Big Deal!
You’re likely to chuckle if you run a search for this R term. It also applies to your driver's license, worn-out kitchen faucet, or new solar panels. What we're getting at here is most akin to those panels – here's to a renewed and renewable you!
Yes, R-nation benefits await! Take your pick – they’re all super, so you can’t go wrong. Just take a look at that kid before reading on. Talk about toddler-sized muscle tone!
- More birthdays – regular physical activity breaks, even those that are but minutes long, improve health! Staying active boosts you toward increased longevity. Plus, you'll enjoy more years of good health. Bonus!!
- Flexibility – oh, the joy of a tension-relieving morning warm up, right from the get-go, as your feet hit the floor. Intersperse your workday with exercises that strengthen your form from head to toe.
- Reinvigorated muscle tone – yup, all that activity and movement helps to build muscle and gain a balanced stance as you chock up birthdays.
- Resilience – this sure is related to renewal! Staying active and engaging in other forms of self-care is bound to boost your outlook on life. Guess what? This affects your gray matter in good ways. As in, reduced anxiety.
- Sense of well-being – You’ve got it! Less mental and physical tension automatically leads to a sense of well-being.
- Improved mood and emotional balance – Along with all these goodies, you gain a better work-life balance.
- Last up, though far from least, renewal steps fend off the dreaded burnout beast.
Get Ready With a Renewal Gear-up!
Let’s put an easy, low-cost, and highly rewarding spin on this whole new you idea! Yup, it’s because you’re in charge. Choose activities that match your in-motion motivation style. Set the time frame for your staying active goals. Adjust timing as you wish. Yup, you’re geared up and ready to renew you!
- Check in with what you’re already doing, even without it having a fancy moniker.
- Cruise through some (or – better yet – all) of the linked Wakeout articles and podcasts awaiting your eye or ever-eager listening ear.
- Make a plan! It doesn’t need to be hard and fast, feeling all prescriptive. (Gosh, isn’t there enough of that lurking in all sorts of life corners?)
- Have some fun with this! Including the planning part.
- Go easy – and keep an eye on what works and what falls flat.
The 7Rs of Renewal
These 7 steps will help you to deepen your experience. Whether you’re taking a break to relieve sitting-too-long tension, or easing onto the floor for some stretches, allow time to prepare and renew.
#1 Rev Up – time to get in gear
ღ Mindset - Take some deep breaths, setting the intention for self-care.
ღ Physical activity breaks: Select those that match your current state. Tense mind or muscles? Begin with the gentle awareness brought on with yoga.
ღ Need a good Wakeout wake-up during your day? Try one that’s a kick to get your heart pumping and breath deepening. Or even better, a kicking exercise for becoming alert in a jiffy!
#2 Recover – mental wellness needs breaks too. Just do it!
ღ Ease back to work with the intention of taking a break every 30 minutes.
ღ Sticking with that guideline lets you recharge in minutes – boost thinking along with wellness.
#3 Rest – take action to recharge and replenish your reserves.
ღ Take it easy and sleep well.
ღ Focus on your breathing as you frame your next thought.
ღ Ease your eyes with exercises as you swig water.
#4 Reflect – go as light or deep as you wish.
ღ Breathe, checking in on mind and body. Yup, this gives you a chance to clear your busy mind.
ღ Make note of what pops up first and second. Those are things wanting your attention, be it work or personal.
ღ Sit with that awareness – sure, you can do so later. The point is paying attention to what bubbles up from that busy brain of yours!
#5 Rejoice – celebrate what you’re doing to boost activity –
ღ That includes some back pats! They can’t be beat for stretching shoulders.
ღ Share your success! Friends want to know the ‘secret’ behind your resilience.
ღ Remember that every positive step moves you in the rejuvenation direction.
#6 Refresh – make time to replenish your resources!
ღ Chug-a-lug to stay hydrated.
ღ Chow down with some yummy-good snacks.
ღ Relax and refill during calming breaks with friends and family.